Washington Filmworks uses our Location of the Month newsletters to showcase the diversity of unique looks and resources for production in a number of jurisdictions around Washington State. Find previous installments archived on our website and on the WF Blog.
The City of Ridgefield
City of Ridgefield Weather
January – High 44 F Low 33 F
July – High 78 F Low 55 F
January Rainfall – 5.00 inches
July Rainfall – 0.7 inches
Sources: Western Regional Climate Center
Key Locations of Interest
- Historic downtown area
- Ridgefield jail
- Ridgefield City Hall (built 1920 as Ridgefield State Bank, the building maintains its original character, including the bank vault and display of historical artifacts including a 1926 time-capsule discovered at the adjacent property in 2012).
- Belltower Cathedral (built in 1884 as the Ridgefield Presbyterian Church).
- Old Liberty Theater (built in 1946 and still operating as a coffee house and theater).
- Multiple Historic Homes: Shobert House (built 1905), Oldham House (built 1892), Custard House (built early 1890’s), HC Cornell House (built 1882), American Women’s League Chapter House (built 1910), Lancaster House (built 1850’s).
- Church of the Nazarene (built in 1922 for $5,000 and operated as a church until 1968. Now used as an art gallery and leased space).
Closest Large Cities Adjacent
- Vancouver, Washington is approximately 10 miles from Ridgefield.
- Olympia, Washington is approximately 95 miles from Ridgefield.
- Portland, Oregon is approximately 20 miles from Ridgefield.
Closest Large Washington Airport
Ridgefield is located 23.8 miles from the Portland, Oregon airport and 146 miles from the Seattle-Tacoma, Washington airport.
Relevant Contact Names & Information
- Local Film Liaison
Lee Knottnerus, Deputy City Manager, (360) 857-5001, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agency that issues permits and costs
City of Ridgefield, (360) 887-3557
- Police or Sheriff’s Department or agency that handles traffic control
Ridgefield Police Department, (360) 887-3556
The closest accommodations are not within the city limits, but nearby accommodations include:
1411 Fourth Ave., Suite 420