Washington Filmworks (WF) uses our Location of the Month newsletters to showcase the diversity of unique looks and resources for production in a number of jurisdictions around Washington State. We also distribute these via our newsletter if you would like to subscribe. Find previous installments archived on our website.
City of Stevenson – May 2014
Situated on the banks of the scenic Columbia River, the City of Stevenson is your launch pad to the Washington side of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area. Just 45 minutes from Vancouver, Washington and 3 ½ hours from Seattle, Stevenson is perfect to visit for the day, weekend or for an extended vacation. The county seat for Skamania County, with just over 1,500 residents, Stevenson also serves as the base camp for adventures in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest and Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument.
With a history steeped in timber and logging, Stevenson is now a tourism destination. Home to the world-famous Skamania Lodge and world-class Columbia Gorge Interpretive Center Museum, the opportunities for adventure are endless.
Stevenson is just over 100 feet in elevation and experiences a moderate climate with an average of 80 inches of rain annually. Summer months are beautiful with temperatures usually in the mid-80s. Clear skies continue through September and into October providing spectacular colors in the fall. Snowfall is minimal and any accumulation is typically washed away by rain within a few days. The Columbia River creates a swath through the Cascade Mountains, which results in frequent wind.
January – High 44.0 F, Low 35.0 F
July – High 80.0 F, Low 57.0 F
January Rainfall – 10.96 inches
July Rainfall – 0.92 inches
Projects Filmed in Stevenson
The following projects were filmed in Stevenson and the surrounding areas:
- A General Electric Commercial with BNSF Railway Company (2013)
- The Road (2009)
- Twilight (2008)
- Dante’s Peak (1997)
- The Vanishing (1993)
- Short Circuit (1986)
Key Locations of Interest
- Columbia River Gorge Interpretive Center Museum – Exhibits on the economic history of the area including sternwheelers, logging and fishing
- Skamania Lodge – Destination resort with 254 guest rooms, conference center, restaurants, golf course, zip line, hiking trails, indoor pool and more
- Beacon Rock – 900-foot tall core of an ancient volcano with a trail to the top that provides panoramic views of the Gorge
- Bonneville Lock and Dam – Hydroelectric dam spanning the Columbia River with fish viewing windows and ladders
- Bridge of the Gods – Historic bridge connecting Oregon to Washington and site of a land bridge from 600-700 years ago
- Cape Horn – Scenic viewpoint from State Route 14 overlooking the Gorge
- Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument – East side access to Windy Ridge and other viewpoints along the way
Relevant Contact Name and Information
- Local Film Liaison – Casey Roeder, Executive Director, Skamania County Chamber of Commerce, (509) 427-8911, email@example.com
- Agency that issues permits and costs – City of Stevenson, (509) 427-5970, Skamania County, (509) 427-3900
- Police or Sheriff’s Department or agency that handles traffic control – Skamania County Sheriff’s Department, (509) 427-9490
Closest Large Washington Airport
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport is 95 miles from Stevenson.
Closest Large Cities in Washington
- Vancouver (WA) is 40 miles away
- White Salmon is 20 miles away
A list of accommodations in Stevenson can be found here.
Sometimes, another heartiness conditions can affect the blood flow that will lead to erectile dysfunction. What remedies you can order online? A global sexual complaint among men is the erectile dysfunction. A lot of folk around the World think about “generic viagra online“. Did somebody tell you about “online viagra“? Questions, like “order viagra online“, refer to numerous types of heartiness problems. Why it happen? What kinds of professionals treat sexual problems in men? Unfortunately nearly all over-the-counter drugs have some kind of unwanted side effects, from headache to death. However, with trusted source you get confidence in knowing that your order is being handled by reliable physicians and that your info is safe.