Washington Filmworks uses our Location of the Month newsletters to showcase the diversity of unique looks and resources for production in a number of jurisdictions around Washington State. Find previous installments archived on our website and on the WF Blog.
City of Waitsburg – June 2016
First settled in 1859 and incorporated in 1881, the City of Waitsburg is approximately 25 miles northeast of Walla Walla, Washington. The city is surrounded by farmland and gorgeous rolling hills. Main Street, with its historic storefronts and beautiful bronze statues, lends a unique, quaint ambiance to the city. Stop into the local Hardware & Mercantile and enjoy a cookie and a cup of coffee. Moments away from hiking, fishing, water sports and the home of Izzy the Camel (famous for her guest appearance on the television series Z Nation), Waitsburg offers a host of scenic adventure opportunities for visitors. It’s also the hub of many cycling routes, and hosts the annual Tour of Walla Walla.
Key Locations of Interest
- Bruce Manor Museum
- Laht Neppur Brewery
- Lewis & Clark State Park
- Plaza Theatre
- Waitsburg Hardware & Mercantile
- Waitsburg Water Tower
- Whoop ‘ Em Up Restaurant
Distance to Closest Large Airport
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport is approximately 270 miles from Waitsburg.
- Tri-Cities Regional Airport is approximately 59 miles from Waitsburg.
- Walla Walla Regional Airport is approximately 17 miles from Waitsburg.
Closest Large Cities Adjacent
- Seattle is approximately 264 miles from Waitsburg.
- Spokane is approximately 135 miles from Waitsburg.
- Tri-Cities is approximately 59 miles from Waitsburg.
- Walla Walla is approximately 29 miles from Waitsburg.
Relevant Contact Names & Information
- Local Film Liaison – David Woolson, President & CEO, Walla Walla Valley Chamber of Commerce, (509) 525-0850, email@example.com. And Casi Smith, Director of Special Events, Walla Walla Valley Chamber of Commerce, (509) 525-0850, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Agency that issues permits and costs – Randy Hinchleffe, City Administrator, City of Waitsburg, (509) 337-6371, email@example.com.
- Police or Sheriff’s Department or agency that handles traffic control – Waitsburg Sheriff’s Department, (509) 527-3265
A full list of accommodations can be found here:
1411 Fourth Ave., Suite 420