Washington Filmworks uses our Location of the Month newsletters to showcase the diversity of unique looks and resources for production in a number of jurisdictions around Washington State. Find previous installments archived on our website and on the WF Blog.
How Long is the Byway?
Cities or Towns Along the Way
- Clinton – The gateway to Whidbey Island. It welcomes visitors with its nearby farms, wineries, garden or eateries.
- Coupeville -The second oldest town in Washington State, it includes an old wharf with long pier and looks quite a bit like a charming New England town.
- Freeland – The business hub of the south end of the island, this town attracts treasure hunters with several art studios, antique stores and consignment shops.
- Langley – A picturesque waterfront town filled with cafés, shops, and galleries.
- Oak Harbor – A small town with a historic area, marina and dozens of parks, it also offers more conveniences and name brand stores and lodging.
Featured Stops and Sights
- Deception Pass State Park – One of the most visited state parks in Washington, this iconic 4,134-acre marine park features churning waters and breath-taking views.
- Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve – 17,500 acres of protected land with 400 historic buildings and 18 working farms and miles of hiking trails and beach.
- Penn Cove – Home to the world famous Penn Cove mussels, the sheltered cove is perfect for kayaking or whale watching from the shore.
- Fort Casey State Park and Admiralty Head Lighthouse – 467 acre marine camping park with a lighthouse and sweeping views of Admiralty Inlet and the Strait of Juan de Fuca. A coast artillery post features two 10 inch and two three inch historic guns – also, officer housing and mess halls. Fort Casey is one of seven state parks on the island.
- Greenbank Farm – Once the largest loganberry farm in the country, it is now a farmers’ training center where you may enjoy wine tasting from the island’s seven wineries, a slice of pie, or a hike on the many trails.
- Double Bluff Beach – One of many public beaches on the island, this is actually an off leash dog park with two miles of white sand and driftwood ideal for romping with views on a clear day of the Cascades, Mount Rainier and Olympic Mountains.
Tours and Transit
Free bus service (everyday but Sunday) is offered by Island Transit. Shuttle service from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport stop at towns all along the byway (provided by Whidbey SeaTac Shuttle). Rental cars are available as well as several electric charging stations.
Projects Filmed Along the Byway
Closest Major City
Whidbey Scenic Isle Way is 25-miles north of Seattle.
Film Liaison For This Byway
Sherrye Wyatt, Public Relations and Marketing Manager, Whidbey and Camano Islands Tourism, (360) 929-9924, firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodations Along the Way
Sometimes, another health conditions can affect the blood flow that will lead to erectile disfunction. What remedies you can order online? A global sexual claim among men is the erectile malfunction. A lot of humanity around the World think about “generic viagra online“. Did somebody tell you about “online viagra“? Questions, like “order viagra online“, refer to numerous types of soundness problems. Why it happen? What kinds of professionals treat sexual problems in men? Unfortunately nearly all over-the-counter drugs have some kind of unwanted side effects, from headache to death. However, with trusted source you get confidence in knowing that your order is being handled by reliable physicians and that your information is safe.