Washington Filmworks uses our Location of the Month newsletters to showcase the diversity of unique looks and resources for production in a number of jurisdictions around Washington State. Find previous installments archived on our website and on the WF Blog.
Long Beach – January 2015
With a variety of coastal landscapes, the 28-mile Long Beach Peninsula offers a wide expanse of largely undeveloped, tungsten-hued beach, surf, flaxen dunes, and scrub pine forest. Ocean, bay and river vistas complement rocky headlands, moss-laden forests, lakes and wetlands. Cranberry bogs, crimson ripe in October, dot the peninsula.
Additional settings include the working fishing village of Ilwaco, Victorian homes of Seaview, and Main Street facades of Long Beach — a classic beach town, and Oysterville, a village built on Willapa Bay in the mid 1800s and on the National Registry of Historic Places.
A wooden boardwalk and paved trail provide ocean-view platforms. A range of lodging options, great restaurants and caterers complete the mix.
Long Beach Weather
The weather is variable. Summer and fall weather often offers calm mornings, sunny days and colorful sunsets. Winter and spring weather can be spectacular for gray skies, big surf, rain and the occasional storm.
January – High 48.3 F, Low 35.8 F
July – High 65.8 F, Low 50.4 F
January Rainfall – 12.91 inches
July Rainfall – 1.25 inches
January Snowfall – 0.0 inches
Source: Western Regional Climate Center
Projects Filmed in Long Beach
- The Ring 2 at McGowan
- The Guardian at Cape Disappointmen
- Into the Wild at Beard’s Hollow
- Beachfront Bargain Hunt (two episodes), HGTV
- Coast Guard Pacific Northwest, Cape Disappointment, The Weather Channel
Key Locations of Interest
- The town of Oysterville including the school house, church and Oysterville Sea Farms.
- North Head lighthouse.
- Shelburne Inn — oldest continuously run inn in Washington, and other Victorian homes of Seaview.
- Downtown Long Beach — colorful, quaint, nostalgic storefronts.
- Boatyard and marina in Ilwaco — working fishing village, fishing and pleasure boats, crab pots and canneries.
- Port of Peninsula — small working port with mountains of oyster shells.
- The barracks at Ft. Columbia State Park.
- The ½-mile Long Beach boardwalk, adjacent to the beach and striding the dunes.
- An expansive beach — both wide and long, shouldered by dunes, sparsely developed.
Distance to Closest Large Washington Airport
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport is approximately 162 miles from Long Beach.
Distance to Closest Large Cities in Washington
- Olympia is approximately 111 miles from Long Beach.
- Vancouver is approximately 108 miles from Long Beach.
Relevant Contact Name and Information
- Local Film Liaison: Andi Day, Executive Director, Long Beach Peninsula Visitors Bureau, (360) 642-2400, email@example.com.
- Agency that issues permits and costs: Long Beach City Hall (if within city limits): http://www.longbeachwa.gov/.
- Police or Sheriff’s Department or agency that handles traffic control: Pacific County Sheriff’s office (local), (360) 642-9403.
A list of accommodations can be found at https://funbeach.com/stay/hotels-motels-and-cottages/.
Sometimes, another soundness conditions can affect the blood flow that will lead to erectile dysfunction. What remedies you can order online? A global sexual complaint among men is the erectile malfunction. A lot of men around the World think about “generic viagra online“. Did somebody tell you about “online viagra“? Questions, like “order viagra online“, refer to numerous types of heartiness problems. Why it happen? What kinds of professionals treat sexual problems in men? Unfortunately nearly all over-the-counter drugs have some kind of unwanted side effects, from headache to death. However, with trusted source you get confidence in knowing that your order is being handled by reliable physicians and that your information is safe.