Washington Filmworks uses our Location of the Month newsletters to showcase the diversity of unique looks and resources for production in a number of jurisdictions around Washington State. Find previous installments archived on our website and on the WF Blog.
Sequim – June 2015
Sequim is a small, friendly city with a rich agricultural history, and is the commercial and cultural hub of the Sequim-Dungeness Valley on the Olympic Peninsula. With the Olympic Mountains to the south, the Strait of Juan de Fuca to the north and Sequim Bay to the east, the city is a haven for outdoor recreation. The valley is internationally known for its beautiful lavender farms and hosts the Sequim Lavender Weekend the third weekend of each July. Farm to table cuisine, fresh roasted coffee, and local wines offer a rich bounty of cuisine and catering options. Accommodations that include brand name hotels, unique bed and breakfast facilities, and independent rentals can house groups of varying sizes. A quaint downtown core, beautiful city parks, magnificent views, and spacious roads offer a variety of filming opportunities.
Sequim sits in a rain shadow created by the Olympic Mountains and is one of the driest places in Western Washington, averaging just 16″ of rainfall annually. Temperatures are moderate throughout the year, but there are four distinct seasons. Winter often brings a day or two of light snow, but while it usually doesn’t last long on the ground, it can be seen accumulating in the Olympic Mountains to the south. With spring comes a bright array of colors with emerging hay fields, blossoming fruit trees, and abundant flowers resulting from the light rain and sunshine. Summer is lavender season and in addition to the farms in the valley, many homes and street scapes feature the bright purple herb which loves sun and is drought tolerant. Hay fields turn golden and can be seen as they are harvested throughout the valley. Autumn brings the changing of the leaves and crisp, clear, cool days.
January – High 44.6 F Low 31.5 F
July – High 71.6 F Low 50.2 F
January Rainfall – 2.24 inches
July Rainfall – 0.54 inches
Source: Western Regional Climate Center
Projects Filmed in Sequim
- Washington State Lottery Commercial
Key Locations of Interest
- Carrie Blake Park
- Granary Tower
- Historic New Dungeness Schoolhouse
- James Center for the Performing Arts (outdoor amphitheater)
- Jamestown S’Klallam Tribal Center including the Carving Shed
- John Wayne Marina on Sequim Bay
- Local Lavender Farms
- New Dungeness Lighthouse
- Nash’s Organic Produce
- Olympic Discovery Trail and Railroad Bridge Park
- Pioneer Park
- Quaint Downtown Sequim
- Red Caboose Getaway (Bed & Breakfast)
- Sunny Farms Country Store
- Views of Olympic Mountains
- Views of the Dungeness Spit (5.5 miles into the Strait of Juan de Fuca) and New Dungeness Lighthouse
Distance to Closest Large Washington Airport
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport is approximately 114 miles from Sequim.
- William R. Fairchild International Airport in Port Angeles is approximately 15 miles from Sequim.
Distance to Closest Large City in Washington
- Seattle is approximately 70 miles via the Bainbridge Island Ferry and approximately 73 miles via the Edmonds/Kingston Ferry from Sequim.
- Tacoma is approximately 90 miles from Sequim.
- Olympia is approximately 116 miles from Sequim.
Relevant Contact Names and Information
- Local Film Liaison: Barbara Hanna, Communications and Marketing Director for the City of Sequim, (360) 681-3422, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Agency that issues permits and costs:
- Within the Sequim City limits, contact City of Sequim Senior Planner Charisse Deschenes (360) 582-2478, email@example.com.
- Outside the City limits, contact Clallam County, www.clallam.net, (360) 417-2000.
- Police or Sheriff’s Department or agency that handles traffic control: Contact the Sequim Police Department at (360) 683-7227.
Accommodations in Sequim and the surrounding Sequim-Dungeness Valley can be found atwww.visitsunnysequim.com.
Sometimes, another health conditions can affect the blood flow that will lead to erectile malfunction. What remedies you can order online? A global sexual appeal among men is the erectile malfunction. A lot of humanity around the World think about “generic viagra online“. Did somebody tell you about “online viagra“? Questions, like “order viagra online“, refer to numerous types of soundness problems. Why it happen? What kinds of professionals treat sexual problems in men? Unfortunately nearly all over-the-counter drugs have some kind of unwanted side effects, from headache to death. However, with trusted source you get confidence in knowing that your order is being handled by reliable physicians and that your information is safe.